For my ancillary tasks I chose to create a magazine front cover and a film poster that both serve as advertisements for my trailer.
In order for me to accomplish these tasks in the most professional manner I could, I decided to look at at existing magazines and film posters to give me a better understanding of what I had to do.
The magazines I looked at included;
By studying these magazine covers, and others like them, I was able to understand their layouts and designs. For example, the positioning of the mast head, the main image, and the surrounding text, what to include and where to put my text and how to organise colours and fonts.
After researching magazine front covers, I focused my efforts on looking at several different film posters including 'old school' styles such as;
I also looked at modern film posters (across a range of genres, not just my own). These included;



This research allowed me to then begin to design my own poster for my production.
Because of the genre of my production, I found that by keeping the poster simple, it would have a greater effect on my audience.



